From:
Jason Poole <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Mar 2001 01:13:50 -0700
I have really struggled with the loss of such a good Friend and had been
contemplating on what to say or whether to say anything publicly.  I was
heartbroken when Bob Martin passed away last summer and now to lose Dayna
just months later is kind of hard.  I have decided to write just a couple
of words about her and to her.

I met Dayna a few years back when I was driving through Virginia.  I used
to be a long-haul truck driver and took my fuzzies on the road with me.
She replied to a post that I had written to the FML and the rest, as they
say, was history.  For a couple of years I would stop by almost one a month
for a few days.  A couple of times I had the chance to spend a week with
her and the fuzzies.  When I came into town, Dayna and I would meet up with
Bob Martin and have lunch.

Dayna is responsible for my early education on the ways of ferrets.  One
day, while driving through Iowa, I awoke to find Sammy cool and limp.
To say I panicked is a major understatement.  I was about 120 miles from
any real medical facility and so I called Dayna on my cell phone almost
hysterical.  She immediately told me to settle down because that was not
going to help Sammy at all.  She then had me check a few things and
determined that Sammy was having a major insulinomic episode.  She walked
me through every step of the things that needed to be done to get Sammy
stable.  Then she had me take off driving for Des Moines.  She located a
vet in that area and called me back with the directions.  I got Sammy to
the vet and after a few days in intensive care, Sammy was released.  Sammy
was with me another 14 months before he crossed to the Bridge.  That was
back in 1997.  Since that time I have learned so much and the information
that she gave me literally saved other ferrets lives.  Without her help,
on just that one occasion, I would have lost 13 precious months with my
beloved Sammy.

Dayna, I miss you my Friend.  I know that you had a very rough and painful
life but now all of the pain is gone for you.  You are now once again
reunited with your "Prince Mittsy" and all of your other loved little ones.
Dayna, please tell Sammy how much I miss him and love him.  Dayna, I love
you.

Until we meet again my Friend,

Vaya Con Dios

Jason Poole