From:
Martha Calkins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Apr 1999 10:11:49 EDT
My vet spoke with Dr. Weiss.  Because of the short life of Lupron and
because it's sold in quantities for 10 I'm looking for 8 others (I live in
Nashua but will travel) who might be willing to go in with me on buying
(approx. $500 total).  Tipper is already nearly bald and this morning I
noticed Hillary has a swollen vulva so I'm assuming she's the next domino.
Haven't looked into other causes of the vulva and will call the vet today
but she went on the Gravy diet at the same time Tips did so I'm thinking
perhaps it is supporting her keeping her hair.  Anyway, if you're
interested E-mail or call me at 603-889-8815.

Misc. stuff:
My theory as to why ferret math happens is: When you own a dog or cat, with
a few variables, you have owned all dogs or cats.  When you own a ferret,
all you have owned is that ferret.  If you have 4 ferrets you have 4
different treat requirements, 4 play techniques, 4 sleeping preferences,
etc. etc.  I think people keep getting more ferrets because each one is
like a whole new species.

Tina Marie says her ferret's loosing tail hair.  I'd start by giving it
BobC's gravy.  Can't hurt, might help.

Although I've never "smacked" my beasties on the nose, I have on rare
occasions flicked them on the nose.  Usually it was when they had just
arrived and were testing to see what was and wasn't allowed.  I don't think
it hurt so much as startled them.  But I expect it's effectiveness varies
from ferret to ferret and depends on their background.

Martha