From:
Maria Kamar <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Jun 1999 17:45:47 -0400
Hi,
I've only joined FML in the last couple of days but I've already learned
so much and I can't tell you all how much it has helped me.  My baby is a
three year old sable named Champ, and she's as cute as can be though when
she's feeling feisty she loves to bite feet.  I've only had her for a year.
Anyways, before I forget, could you please answer some questions of mine.

1) Is keeping a ferret caged a bad thing?  I'm a graduate student and live
in a one bedroom apartment.  I try and let her out of her cage as much as
possible, 2 or more hours a day, but from reading other posts, I don't know
if this is enough.  It's a three story cage and she has two beds.

2) Since I've had Champ, I've noticed she scratches a good bit, but how do
I know how much is too much?  I know that scratching is a normal part of
ferret behavior but any advice you might give would be extremely helpful.

3) I read the posts dealing with the controversy about Marshall Farms
Ferrets and here's my question.  I've been feeding Champ Marshall Farm
Ferret food, do you think this is okay?  She seems to like it and her
coat is a whole lot less dryer since she's been on it.

Anyway, that's all I have to say for now, thanks so much.

Maria.