From:
Jody Fernandez <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Jan 1999 09:21:12 -0600
I stand by my blame on the parents.  As a parent of two human children,
and over a dozen assorted other mammal children, I believe it is the
responsibility of the adults in the household to ensure the safety of all
their children.  We know that ferrets bite, as do dogs, and leaving an
infant alone with an animal that you are not absolutely positively without
a shadow of a doubt sure will not ever under any circumstance bite is
irresponsble.  As ferret owners, the only thing we can be positive of is
that our fuzzies will do the unexpected.  We have no guarantees of their
behavior EVER, or else they would all be perfectly litter trained and never
ever steal the remote, etc.I love my fuzzies- now a trio- and my other pets
unconditionally BUT the only animal in my household whose behavior I can
positively control is my own- most of the time.  Okay- I'm over it now.  By
the way, I have started a very small shelter and rescue here in the Tampa
Bay area and Natalie ( see previous FML) and I are trying to start a club
here as well so any interested parties please feel free to contact us.  I
will be heading to Discovery Pets in Tarpon Springs on Sat.  to check it
out.

Peace - Jody

Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does.
Ms. Jody's Critter Haven
Odessa, Fl