From:
Ian Yeung <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Apr 2001 03:30:07 -0400
Hi all,
I'm a 20-year-old college student who's planning to have my first ferret
during this summer (with exams coming up now isn't exactly a good time to
acquire a new pet).  I've done some research on the net, and found quite a
few sources which claim that Angora ferrets, beside being physically bigger
and stronger than ordinary ferrets, are also less prone to diseases such as
adrenal tumours.  I'm just wondering if this is true or not.  Angoras are
extremely expensive, about $400 USD each, and to obtain one I'll have to
purchase from a breeder in New York and have them ship the kit over here
(I live in Toronto, Canada).  But if they really are in general healthier
I would seriously consider making the extra investment, after all there's
nothing worse than seeing your beloved pet suffering from illnesses.

Any input or advice would be greatly appreciated,
Ian