From:
Russell Prater <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Aug 2001 11:53:00 -0500
>From:    Natalie Cornish <[log in to unmask]>
>
>Also, I have discussed this possibilty with our ferret friendly, but
>not incredibly ferret knowledgeable (she did not do the diagnosis for
>mittens) vet.  She said that when it is time, a shot to the heart of the
>euthanasia-stuff is the easiest and least painful.  Is this true?

I've always been a bit squeemish about the heart stick.  There are veins
that can usually be hit fairly easily.  When we had Patch put down, they
used the vein in the front leg.  However, if the heart stick is necessary,
at least have the vet give an anesthetic shot and wait until your friend
is no longer concious before doing it.

--
Russ, Booger, Bonnie & Clyde

URA Redneck if everyone learns something from the potty training tape.