From:
Vesna Kovach <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Sep 1997 11:26:34 +0000
>Do any of you have ferrets that like to chew on cardboard?

Yes, all of them!  They like to poke holes around the openings of their
cardboard box playhouses, for instance.  And not just corrugated cardboard:
they like to bite into empty toilet paper rolls, too.  (We split them
lengthwise so that Corky can't get her head stuck in them.  Somehow, out of
four ferrets, only her head gets stuck.)

Beulah likes to sink her teeth into pencils over and over (so now she's not
allowed access to pencils).  Again, it's not exactly chewing--more like
repeated puncturing.

Once, we found a toothpaste tube with a bunch of pairs of little holes poked
in it!  That was in our early days of ferret-keeping, before that reflex
that prevents you from leaving ferretable-mischief-material lying around was
finely honed like it is today.  (!)

Vesna Kovach

Corky: <Crunch, crunch, crunch.>
Ferris, Beulah, Cameron: <Yawn, stretch>