From:
FerretMomJC <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Dec 2003 08:59:59 -0800
I hate to have to ask, but I could use some help.

I've taken in 5 sorely neglected ferrets who were abandoned in an
apartment and have had to re-allocate funds from every area of my budget
to cover surgeries on 3 of them - a spleen, an adrenal with a terribly
swollen vulva and a combination adrenal and insulinoma de-bulking.

I can continue to cover expenses as usual, but unfortunately, the much
needed bedding replacements have had to be cut from the budget.  I am
currently at 17 ferrets - not a lot compared to most shelters, but I
specialize in old and sick ferrets, so this is plenty when they all have
medical issues.

If there's anyone out there who sews or has extra bedding that you would
care to donate, it would be greatly appreciated.

I'll describe by ferret cages & habitats so you have an idea of sizes
needed.  I am mostly looking for sleepsacks, beds, blankets and pads
for the bottom of the cages.  I'm pretty good on Hammies at this time.
Sleepsacks seem to be most popular at the moment.

Cage #1 - 3' x 2' with a built-in litter pan - so floor surface is 2'x2'
                  Shelf is 12" x 24"
Cage #2 - 6' x 2' with 2 built-in litter pans.  Floor surface is 4'x2'
                  2 Shelves at 12" x 24"
2 Baby Cribs, specially converted for ferrets, floor surface 3' x 30"
Hospital cage #1 - Floor space 18" x 30"
Hospital Cage #2 - Floor space 24" x 24"
Ferret Room - uses several beds & sleepsacks for those mid-playtime
snoozes.

I have other multi-level cages, but I've recently decked them out with 2
sets of bedidng each.

Thanks - Every gift will be greatfully acknowledged so if you do give,
please be sure I have your address so the weasels can send you a note!!.

Jerri Carel
The Ferret Haven
4132 Morgan Jaymes Drive
Louisville, KY 40299