From:
ferret lover <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Nov 1999 18:04:04 -0800
Had an interesting thing happen.  I was in my local pet store and happened
to hear a woman "ranting" at the store owner about the ferrets.  Now this
is the store that I frequent and over the past several months I have
talked them into moving the ferrets into a larger, more comfortable cage,
providing hammocks and sleep sacks for them, and most importantly, feeding
them Totally Ferret.  The owner is a good man and really seems to want to
do what is best for the ferrets.  The woman was ranting about the use of
cat litter for the ferrets and she was rather loud and not all that polite.
She wasn't rude-just somewhat FIRM!  The owner gave me a look begging for
help!  Lord knows I've been after him to use something-anything besides cat
litter so even though I agreed with the woman-I felt sorry for him.  So me
and my big mouth had to step in!  The woman and I started a conversation
and the owner slipped away!  I told her I agreed with what she was saying
but I thought that with this man at least, you get better results by
talking softly and being persistant!  She basically scared him off!
Anyway, we were talking when the owner called my name and I stepped away to
speak with him for a moment.  When I returned to the lady-she asked my last
name.  I told her and she said "I KNOW YOU!  I've read your posts on the
FML"  I 'bout fell over!  I think it turns out that we will be great
friends!  So now there will be two of us pushing the owner to get rid of
the cat litter!!!  WE WILL SUCCEED!!

Now here's the stupid part!  (LOL) I didn't get her name!  So if you are
reading this-please, contact me!!  We can "do" lunch and "talk" ferret!