From:
THH Admin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 May 2006 14:46:04 -0500
I would like to extend an invitation to everyone here to visit and check
out products on my site.  The address is http://www.TheHideyHole.Com .
You may browse, comment, and even order if you so desire.

My goals for TheHideyHole.Com are to provide quality products to the
ferret community at large, raise some funds for the needs of my group,
and create an opportunity to raise funds for selected shelters.  I will
"target" a fundraising item each month that will see ALL profits from
that item going to the chosen beneficiary.  In addition, all other items
sold through the website will generate 10% of the sale for a chosen
shelter (please specify in Comments on Checkout).  If no shelter is
specified my entire list of shelters will benefit on a rotating basis.
At present I have selected Rocky's Ferret Rescue, Scales and Tails,
Oxford Ferret Rescue, Ferrets Unlimited, and Ferret WayStation as
beneficiaries.  All have proven their value to the ferret community.  I
would be open to adding to the list so long as I do not so dilute the
pool as to not be able to provide for each.  Funds for the shelter will
be paid by check and an announcement will be posted in the newsletter
listing the benefactor and amount each month.  In addition, I will offer
bedding to these shelters at cost to allow them to have a "fundraising"
source of their own for local use.

Finally, we will set up the ability for shelters to offer their own
unique products on the site.  All profits from those sales will go to
the offering shelter.  This will give them a marketplace to show their
wares and a means for clearing funds.  We will have the ability to accept
Paypal, charge Credit or Debit Cards, clear checks, and accept cash.

Please take a moment to visit
<http://www.thehideyhole.com/cart>
and let me know what you think.  I hope you like what you see and look
forward to serving you in the future.

And now a little about me:

I have been a ferret parent at one level or another since 1994.  In the
early years my kids got mostly store-bought bedding and toys and seemed
to get on well with them.  As we evolved and our group grew, we found the
need for solutions that weren't easy to find.  I started to crochet eggs
as toys and found them to be a great stimulus, then I started making
hammocks to fit our odd-sized cage.  After attending my first Rocky's
fundraiser I realized that others shared both my interests and my hobby.
Since then, I have made both toys and bedding for those events, and have
done "custom orders" for people.  I have received many compliments about
both the quality and the originality of my products.

I had set up a web site some time ago for the purpose of offering my
products to people, but never really got serious about doing it.  Since
taking on the responsibility of raising my granddaughter I have spent
less time at our store and have more short instances of spare time which
are ideal for working on projects.  This creates the opportunity to
officially open the website (www.TheHideyHole.Com) to offer my goods to
others in the ferret community.  (The name TheHideyHole.Com is a
registered trademark, by the way.)

All items are made and stored in a ferret-free/smoke-free environment.
My ferrets have all been tested for ADV (negative each time) and are
up-to-date on their shots.  All items are pre-washed to help eliminate
shrinkage.

--
Lynn Toole
TheHideyHole.Com