From:
Gordon Bengtson CI-ASMEL <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Jan 2006 16:33:31 -0500
Have had a good amount of people e-mail me after my last post about
Byte-me.  Seems over the years many who never met her in person came to
know this little creature from my postings, the FML calendar has brought
a new dimension to those posts where people can now see her.

She was just another ferret, like just another dog, but she was MY
ferret and MY friend!  We had a communication level that is very hard
to establish between a human and ferret, unlike a dog that bonds in a
different Byte-me bonded in her own way and was as deeply bonded to me
as I was to her.

The last day before I went to work I saw she was on the carpet on one of
the levels of the cage.  She could not get into her hammy and just looked
at me pretty much ashamed of her lack of ability.  I picked her up and
played just a few seconds and put her in the hammy.  She was so very
grateful to be in the hammy.  I could tell she was far more comfortable
and happy there.  She hung her head over the edge upside down like they
do and I thought at that time it would be the last time.  It was!

I got home and she was exactly where I had set her down and in the same
position.  She must have passed only minutes after I left for work.  Even
though I have two very beautiful and fun little guys, my heart still
cries for Byte-me.  Of all the animals I ever had thru life that little
chit was my most favorite of all.  But that is life as we are gifted
with it.

At least I had the extreme favor of her company and companionship over
those years.  Something to remember for all time, am very thankful for
all she gave me.

Aarrow Ranch Aviation
J Gordon Bengtson
7302 Hunterbrook Drive, Suite 100