From:
Ann Barzda <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Nov 2000 06:56:00 -0800
>From:    Corynne dejong <[log in to unmask]>
>Has anyone out there given their ferrets a massage?  How do they react?
>Can massage be used to help with medical conditions

Hi!  Great question!  I have one ferret, my Sir Squid, who INSISTS on a
back massage twice a day.  He loves it!  He jumps up on the bed morning and
night flops onto his back waiting for me to begin rubbing.  He has stayed
there for a massage as long as 30 minutes, if you can believe it!

Also, I rub his paws using the same principles of reflexology as is done
on humans.  I can't say that it is actually doing anything for him, but
he does enjoy it.

I could see how massage would help with certain types of injuries, but I
would be hesitant to say it works just like it does in humans.  Certainly
seems to feel good to them!

Ann

==
Ann Barzda