From:
Megan Nestor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Oct 2009 20:24:55 -0400
I wanted to share a story about my experience with the SPCA. I've
never posted on here, but FLF told me about the ASPCA discussion,
and I wanted to share my experience.

I run Ferret Frenzy Rescue in NJ, and I picked up 3 ferrets from them
yesterday. First of all, an officer had them at her home for a week.
She was feeding them vegetables and fruit and had no clue how to care
for them. I told her what to do, and she was really aggrevated about
having to care for them to begin with. She told me that if I couldn't
pick up this past weekend, they were going to be put to sleep. She
couldn't tell me 1 single thing about them, not their age, health
condition, how the previous owner cared for them, food they were
previously being fed, etc.

When I picked them up I was horrified. First of all, the carrier she
had them in was disgusting. It was so dirty and smelly and the blanket
she had in it was gross and covered in dirt and poop. The poor things
stunk to high heaven. They were crawling with fleas. They were so
skinny and starved. They scarfed down the food and water I gave them.
The nails were SO long on all of them, and the male actually had a
fresh wound where one of them was entirely ripped out of his finger. I
know it happened at the officers home because there was fresh blood on
it. I just couldn't believe how they were treated after being "rescued"
by the SPCA.