From:
Janice Underwood <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Fri, 11 Feb 1994 20:22:27 -0500
Hi,
        Just thought I'd let y'all know V'orri had his _right_ adrenal
gland removed this morning. My regular vet and the local guy who's done
the adrenal surgeries on ferrets before teamed up to do him this morn-
ing [2/11]. It was a long surgery because they had to go after the more
inaccessible gland. I waited at *my* vet's office [where I sometimes
help out] while she took V'orri to the other vet's office. They called
me at 10:30 am to tell me they were done, and suggested pathology on the
gland as it was extremely enlarged, irregular in shape and heavily
calcified. I had planned on path and said so, and when she brought the
thing back to send to the lab I got a look. Holy cow - as big as the
end of my little finger, and you could see the knobbies and calcification
clearly!
        I'm going to send more later tonight, but I was so relieved my
little monster made it I wanted to send right away.

        Janice and the zoo [still intact]