From:
Joanne Ruffner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Aug 2002 12:00:23 -0700
To ALL:

First I want to say that I am sorry if I haven't responded to cards and
letters from people about the loss of Zorro and Oggie.  Things around
here have just been crazy...and their loss hit us really hard.

Well, our shelter jumped from 3 to 10 in two days.  Now, this may not
sound like a lot but for our small shelter it is.

5 of the new ones that we just got came from the Phoenix area.  We did
batch testing on the 2 sets before they went in the house for ADV ----
negative!  Thank goodness.

Pair - Chompie and Weasel.  both males and two years old.  Chompie will
need to have his teeth looked at because his bottom canines stick out.
It is actually kinda cute.  I will have pictures soon to post so everyone
can see.  Both are very friendly and sweet.  I had to trim their nails
because they were EXTREMELY long.  They were well taken care of (except
for the nails).  Weasel is BIG.  He is a heavy silver with white knees.
Very Very CUTE!

Threesome - Sprite (2 year old female), Sunkist (1 1/2 year old male),
and Seven Up (2 year old male).  Also very wonderful ferrets.  Sprite has
to have her tail looked at for maybe a blackhead or a tumor.  Her fur is
also real oily.

None of these guys had shots.  So we have to take them in and get shots
and of course an exam.

We are looking at if they can be separated and from what I can see they
can be.  Will keep an eye on them for now and see.  I do know that they
can't go to a single ferret home because they are all use to being around
other ferrets.  All 5 are being housed together and are doing wonderful
so far.  They are enjoying all of the free time that they get here.

I should have their pictures up on the website in about a week.

Oh...they are pretty much all sables except for Seven Up who is an albino
and Weasel who is a silver.

We also had two come in, Sammy and Samantha.  Their owner is in the
military and is deploying and then might have to go to CA.  So, right now
we are just boarding them until he lets us know what is going on.  He was
crying when he left.  He is going to try to make arrangements with his
mother to come and get them.  If he can't then he will surrender them....

Might have another one coming in also.  Don't know anything about except
that "it" is sweet.

Joanne
Ferret Corner Shelter
www.geocities.com/ferretcorneraz