From:
Greta Hoisington <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Nov 2003 08:59:18 EST
Purevac ferret canine distemper vaccine has shown the lowest rate thus
far of allergic reaction and is manufactured by Merial.  Last summer I
took my furkids on a 240 mile round trip to a veterinarian in central
Michigan who uses only Merial Purevac as ferret protection against cd.
This vet stated that he has had one reaction to the injection, but that's
not bad considering he treats hundreds of ferrets and is the vet for the
Lansing, MI ferret shelter.  He even kept his clinic open after hours
while watching my ferrets to assure their safety.  Purevac is not offered
by my furkids' local vet.  I hope this helps answer the query about safe
vaccines for ferrets.

Cordially,
Greta Hoisington