From:
Effie Marie Hines <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Sat, 8 Jan 1994 14:10:45 -0500
Hello Everyone

I have been gone since Dec. 16 and just now caught up.  I want to thank
everyone for the heartfelt sympathies.  That really helps a lot.  I can
only hope that this year proves to be much happier.  I still cry when I
look at pictures of Loki and when I talk about him, I guess it will be a
while before the emptiness and pain subsides.  Having my other two babies
has helped.  Taz was neutered right after Christmas, I'll have to write
about that ordeal later.

I wanted to send my condolences to Paul and Shellie and to tell you how
wonderful it was of your neighbor to do such a wonderful thing as make
that precious package a gift.  That made me feel great and I am sure that
it made your Christmas much more special.

About the question of whether Loki had cardiomyopathy or not, well I
mentioned that to the veterinarian twice and she said that from the
x-rays there was no evidence of that particular malady.  All of the
symptoms mentioned on the list were evident except the vomiting, he just
didn't eat at all.  The vet would not give him the diuretic for the
removal of the fluid because she said that it would take what little
protien he had away.  That sounded strange, but I just don't know.  He
was emaciated beyond belief.  Also his stool was digested blood mostly.
That was what the vet said and the last two days he lived he was so cold
feeling that you would have thought he was dead. I belive he bled to
death internally.  I don't know.  All I know is that I hope I never have
to suffer through such agony again and that he is happy wherever he is now.

Thank you all again

Bye for now

Marie, Oshi, and Taz-man