From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Oct 1994 13:26:49 -0400
>Well, I would say she should just go ahead and smuggle her ferrets
>in--but there ARE border checkpoints in California, and there is a
>chance (couldn't tell you what it is, but it is NOT insignificant) that
>they would be caught and confiscated and possibly/probably killed.  If
>she wants to be sure that they have long and healthy lives, she should
>probably give them to a good home, and perhaps if the ban is repealed
>in the next year or two she could go and retrieve them.

A friend told me that his brother smuggled his ferrets into California.  He
just hid the ferrets in the back, under all his stuff, and drove into the
checkpoint in the summer with a big bag of apples on the dashboard, in
plain view.  The border guards were so bent about the possibility of
Medflies, they didn't check any further.