From:
Todd Leuthold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Aug 2002 07:43:02 -0400
Condolences to those with lost, sick, or angeled curtain climbers...

(Hey!  I waz right!  You *can* see Cleveland from up here!)

OK folxes, blare the trumpets and thump them drums.  Jessica has arrived
at the Fuzzbutt Rodeo Clown domicile!  She's a cute little furry-bunch
and I'll get a picture posted just as soon as I can figger out how to
focus this dang camera!

She's a rather interesting-colored sable and just a bit larger than my
other two girls.  She is a new rescue that had been force-surrendered by
a known animal abuser here in Lancaster.  Apparently, she was housed in a
small cage with little food and water out on the porch, because she
committed a grievous sin...she "smelled" up the house (apparently this
means that she had a strong odor and made other things in the house smell
like her).  It is quite obvious that she is thinner than she should be.

However, she hasn't lost her spirit!  I brought her home and let her run
around while Ghost was out-and-about.  She wasn't all that thrilled with
Ghost (she's squeak at him whenever he got close!), but otherwise had fun
carousing through the house.  She also had no idea what a ferret snack
was, or even what Ferretone was supposed to be!  I gave her samples of
Bandits Ferret Treats, but she (at least for the moment) wasn't
interested.  She kind of liked the Ferretone once she tasted it, but
didn't ask for more.

I considered caging her with Ghost when it came time to put her to bed.
I did have a cage made up for her, but thought that maybe it was help
acclimate her faster.  I decided to let her have her own cage for now, to
check her litter box deposits and see how much she eats and drinks first.
I wasn't the one that rescued her first.  She was taken by a local pet
organization (Organization for the Responsible Care of Animals), then
given to an emergency home (a girl that already has 5 other ferts).
After about 10 days, she called me to come get her because she apparently
didn't get along well with her other ferts (girl squabbles, it would
seem).

I am going to wait a bit to see how she adjusts here.  I'm also going to
get her to the vet to get her checked out, then will decide if she will
stay here, or look for a new home.  As soon as I get some actual pictures
that are in focus, I'll post them so everyone can see this pretty little
girl!  :)

Todd and the Fuzzbutt Rodeo Clowns (and Jessica!)!
---
mailto:[log in to unmask]
http://www.netconex.com/toddl/page2/