From:
Todd Trulock <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Aug 2005 19:25:11 -0400
Well let me introduce little Ms. Marci!  Ms. Marci will be gracing one of
the pages in the 2006 SOS calendar.  Her story is this.....she was saved
from a certain death at a local pet store.  When we got her out of there
(we had to buy her to save her) she weighed 8 ounces was about 6" long
and was supposedly 3 months old.  There is no way she was that old but
boy was she a sick and weak little girl.  When we got her, she literally
couldn't hold her head up.  After a few days that were touch and go,
she started showing signs of getting stronger.  Before too long she was
eating her duck soup great and really beginning to look like a ferret
and actually showing a little interest in life.  And look at her now, a
beautiful blaze (and yes, deaf)!  She's a gorgeous little girl who weighs
in at under 1 lb.  She's a petite little thing but what she lacks in
weight and size she makes up in spunk!  I don't think she remembers how
sick she was but I think the care and love that she was given early on
has made her such a sweet little girl.  Now she has a home with her 3
brothers who have learned to tolerate her antics!  The cutest thing is
that she searches out her mom and dad if we are out of sight for too
long!  She loves attention and you'll always find her at her daddy's
feet, with that little head cocked to the side waiting to be picked up!
Her brother Spike was on the front of the calendar last year!  She was
jealous and just had to show him up!

Shelley and the fuzzy crew (Spike, Guido, Marci and Pogi)