From:
Elena Heckathorne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Aug 2001 16:23:52 EDT
>Several types of organic human grade ingredient kitty kibbles and their
>canned equivalents were turned down without so much as a by your by.  Then
>he banged the bowl on the side of the cage to let me know it needed
>filling - this time with real food, thankyouverymuch!  I've tried gradual
>mixing, sprinkling it with ferrotone and crumbled bits of his favorite
>treats so far but not so much as a nibble.  Any ideas?

Sometimes fuzzies will acclimate faster to a new taste if you crush the
new stuff up and mix it with water to make a warm mush.  It's even more
effective if you hold the fuzzy on your lap and feed him from a spoon or
dropper (if he'll let you).  Be patient, though, it took me several weeks
of this to get my babies onto Totally Ferret.  Good luck!!

Elena & the fab four - Pattertwig, Pixie, Macker, and Casper