From:
Rich and Terra <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Aug 2003 09:06:28 -0400
Thank you to everyone who emailed with suggestions and ideas, I took
something from each one and used it.

Well here is briefly what has happened since I first posted, Monday night
I took Peanut to a different vet, who did x-rays.  He found what he
thought was a blockage or a swollen lymph gland.  We discussed surgery
and he didn't feel she was strong enough to survive.  So I had to decide
whether to try, euthanize, or just bring her home.  I discussed with my
friend who was with me and decided to put her down.  When the vet came
back in, I changed my mind and decided to bring her home so everyone
could say good-bye (my kids were upset back in May when they didn't get
to say good bye to Sadie, but anyways) and help her to pass over the
bridge here.  They gave her some sub-q and off we went towards home.
Tuesday morning there was no change in her condition and I decided just
to keep her hydrated and laxed until that night.  Well about 4 pm after a
day of misery, she passed a pencil eraser sized rubbery item.  I was so
excited, I called everyone.  Immediately she changed, she was walking
around and started eating duck soup off of a spoon.  I gave her the
flagyl which was not fun at all, wow what a fight, and put her in her
cage.  Two days before I had placed some hard kibble in there and had
forgotten about it and to my surprise Peanut started eating it.  She has
pooped numerous times, but she still doesn't drink, so I started
moistening kibble with water for her, it scares me her eating the hard
stuff so soon after being sick for so long.  I know eventually she will
have to but she is just goig to have to humor me for a few days and eat
the moistened stuff.  I am still going to hand feed her some liquids so
she doesn't dehydrate again, until I see her drink on her own.  She does
have some nasty diahrea but that could be from all the lax I started
feeding her on Sunday night.  So it is still touchy but I am so happy she
passed that little bugger.  Thank you to everyone who emailed and who
read my post.  Keep Peanut in your thoughts, I have a feeling everything
will be fine but just in case.

Oh and a special Thank you to Julie without you I would have been lost.
And to Sadie, my first furbaby who is at the bridge, thank you for
watching out for Peanut like I had asked you to do when she got sick.
You truly are her guardian angel.

Terra