From:
"HARRISON,REGINA,MS" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Apr 1996 10:47:39 EDT
Hi all--
I know we've all got our favorite comments people have made about our
ferrets when they see us on the street, but I think this one is pretty
good-- I had Cully out, and a woman asked if he was a ...  wait for it..
LEMMING!  Hee Hee Hee...  granted he's getting pretty roly poly but still...

I only have a sample size of two to offer to the Male/female personal- ity
debate, but mine are the opposite of what others have been saying.  Amelia
is a cuddle bug and sleeps with me at night.  Cully is allergic to extended
contact, though he does enjoy a good hard back scratching.  Maybe this has
more to do with their past life histories than anything else-- Amelia has
been handled extensively since the age of seven weeks, and Cully was
neglected for three years (somewhat off the topic-- perhaps the personality
of the ferret in question is the answer to whether it spends too much time
caged or not) (oh Margaret Mead would be proud of me).  And if you wanted to
get further into details, Amelia's Canadian, Cully's American...  I really
think personality comes down more to individual ferret and not to gender.

Congrats to Debbie and Halo-- what wonderful news!

Regina: "Cully, you'd eat a lemming if you saw one"
Cully: "O.K. Put me down now."
Amelia: "Put him down and pick me up!"