From:
Kim Wolf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Sep 2001 08:09:24 EDT
I am sorry if you get this more than once...

========

I finally cried last night.  It was my grandmother's birthday, and on the
way to the restaurant, so may flags were proudly displayed on their short
little house poles, that weren't the day before this tragedy befell the
freedom loving world.

I cheered with every one I passed, then cried as I saw so many at
half-mast on tall poles down the road.  I was glad I flew my flag at home
ALL the time, glad to see the flag out everywhere at other than Memorial
Day or the 4th of July.  Three cheers for everyone flying their flag high
and proud, for those flying at half-staff in remembrance.  This is a sad
time for us, but also, a very happy one, as we stand united, just as the
Pledge decrees.

Today, in public, out loud, I print the greatest words ever taught to me
as a child...

"I Pledge allegiance, to the Flag, of the United States of America, and to
the Republic, for which it stands, one nation, under god, with liberty and
justice for all"

These terrorists have not taken my freedom, or that of my child, my
friends, family, loved ones.

I am proud to be an American today.

Kim Wolf
Mystyx Samoyeds, Ferrets, and Rescue