From:
Suzy Cecere <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Feb 1999 07:35:50 -0800
Hi,

I've been trying to get this out for a week now, my life is somewhat crazed
right now.

My Dad had a heart attack last week, he will be 85 on March 30th.  He is
now in Congestive Heart Failure, so my mind is not very present at times.
At times like this I wish I didn't live several thousand miles away.  I'll
be flying back to see him in two weeks.

Anyway to the point of the post.

I found the new paper product litter everyone talked about seeing on TV
about 1 month ago.

I was in the Fred Meyer by my house here in Seattle and just happened to
spot the product.  It's Cat's Pride and comes in two 'flavors'.

Flavor 1:
Dust Stopper -- This is a standard none clumping litter.  It has the
texture and size of a standard clay little, with no dust at all.  It has
little green bits in it, bag says it has Anti-Bacterial Order Control,
don't know if this is the little green bits or not.  It smells kind of
sweet and perfumy.

I put some in one of the ferret pans, they thought it was great to dig in.
I scooped it up off the floor, put it back in the pan, added some poopies
and they jumped back in and started digging again!  Scooped it up off the
floor and put it all in one of the cat boxes with some clumping clay
litter.  Cat using it, but one of my cats now has a sneeze.  No sign of a
cold or any other health problem, wondering if it is the perfume order that
is making him sneeze.  Will be removing the little over the weekend to see
if the sneeze clears up.  Comes in 13 lb bag, bag says it's equal to 20 lbs
of regular clay litter.  Seem to remember the price being around $6.00.

Flavor 2:
Scoop n Flush Paperlitter -- Very fine texture clumping litter.  I also
bought a box of it, but have not tried it out yet.  Judging by the way the
ferret liked the Dust Stopper I expect it would all end up on the floor, so
I will be by passing a ferret test and going straight to the cats with this
product.  I will report on how dust free it is in the next few days.

Comes in 7 lb box, box says it's equal to 14 lbs of standard clumping clay
litter.

I believe it was around $5.50 for the box.

A toll free number was listed on the box:
800-645-3741

Cat's Pride is the trade name from a larger company, sorry I forgot to
right their name down this morning.

My Ferret Kids are all doing well, keeping a smile on my face and giving
me extract kisses.

Hope this is of help for all that have been interested in this product.

Suzy