From:
"Margaret Zick (and Stan, Ollie and Jezebel)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Dec 1995 15:14:13 -0500
To the anon. poster on ferrets in Texas-

Ferrets are not illegal by state laws. Texas also recognizes the use of the
Imrab rabies vaccine in ferrets, which is very important since we (state of
Texas) were quarantined this last summer due to the high incidence of rabies
here. You should still check with Deer Park to find out the status there. I
know here in the Woodlands, by deed restrictions, we are limited to two
outside animals, and technically rabbits are not allowed.

Well, temperary insanity sat in on our house (or was it just a case of
ferret math?)(or maybe I've been afflicted with the virus that seems to be
travelling around right now) and we added three more fuzzbutts to our zoo.
Hey, we *should* have at least as many ferrets as cats right?  Ok, ok, you
can stop rolling your eyes now.  And to head off questions, felines and
ferrets stay indoors so as to be legal.  Let me introduce them:

Maxwell, aka Mad Max, is cream with black guard hairs and he has a very
dark mask. He was a real kissey face until we got him home.

Stella, named from Sydney's sonnets, is basically the same color as Max
but with a white stripe down the middle of her head. Her face is white.

George, as "in which way did they go," is sort of a pewter grey with white
feet and face.  He also has a white spot between his withers.  They've been
here two weeks and Stan, Ollie and Jezebel are getting along great with
them.  It's so cute to see such a big pile of fuzzies sleeping together.

Seems I've seen a couple of other "Stellas" on the list and was wondered
where their names came from?

Also, does anyone know if one developes an imunity to the "let's get more
ferrets" virus?  Hope springs eternal.  ;)

Margaret and the Zoo-
Stan, Ollie, Jezebel, Maxwell, Stella, and George-ferrets
Sherlock, Lancelot, Neko, Kane, Connor, and Grendle-felines
Sinbad and Gwynedd-canines