From:
Eric Corbett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 May 2005 19:06:45 +0100
>From:    Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: from FHL: JM on parasite treatment (2001)
>
>FLEAS: Frontline, Advantage, Revolution, Program.
>1) Frontline is my favorite flea product.  It also does ticks and in
>my experience it also does a good job with ear mites (note: it is not
>labeled for ear mites here in the USA).  It comes in a spray bottle that
>is dosed at 1 spray per pound of body weight.  For ear mites I suggest 1
>spray into each ear and 1 spray on the top of the neck.

Frontline is not "labelled" for ear mites anywhere in the world.  There
are at least two reasons for that:

The first is that clinical trials carried out by the manufacturer have
shown that it is not particularly effective against ear mites.

The second reason is that using it in the way you describe, spraying it
into the ears, is potentially dangerous because of the potential for the
active ingredient, fipronol, to cause ototoxic effects.  Again, this
information is freely available from the manufacturer.

Eric Corbett