From:
Jim Higgins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Apr 2002 22:57:48 -0400
Fred's Story

Fred came to us on the evening of April the 2nd.  At first he appeared
to be in relatively good health.  Then on Wednesday the 3rd it became
apparent that he was in real distress.  We rushed him to our vet as an
emergency as they were closed on Wednesday afternoons.  Fred could not
pee or poo and had to have his bladder drained.  X-rays showed his adrenal
glands were both huge as well as having two cysts on each side of his
bladder and one on his prostate.  He was operated on first thing Thursday
morning the 4th of April removing the left adrenal and freezing the right.
It was thought that the cysts would then dissolve on their own and he
would be fine.

Well he had to be rushed back in on Saturday morning the 6th of April and
25ccs of urine was drained from his balder, he still could not pee on his
own.  It is now Sunday night the 7th of April and Fred is scheduled for
surgery first thing in the morning to find out why and to fix if possible
the reason that he cannot pee on his own.  He has been getting sub-Q
fluids on a regular basis as he can not hold anything on his stomach
longer that a few minutes.  I have tried feeding duck soup to no avail as
it comes back up almost as fast as he can get it down.  As of now Fred's
vet bill is over the $800 point and we need to ask for anyone that can
help Fred To donate to Widget's Halfway House Inc.  Here is all of the
contact information and vets address for those of you that feel they can
help us out.

Widget's Halfway House Inc
476 Daisy Way
Winter Haven, Fl. 33884

Vets Info
Dr. Mitsie Vargas
Orchid Springs Animal Hospital
700 Orchid Springs Drive
Winter Haven, Fl 33884

If you can find it in your heart to help it will not go unrewarded.

Thank you
Jim Higgins Widget's Halfway House Inc

You can also view Fred's pictures at www.widgetshh.org