From:
PAT BABY <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Jun 1999 08:54:01 -0700
I haven't posted to the list for a very long time.  I am curious if another
angora owner has experienced a similar delima.  My Dweezil turned three
years old in April and of course being an angora has had some funky coat
changes.  He always looked like he had no undercoat just long guard hairs.

Well, I just returned from a weeks vacation and boy has he shed.  He has
absolutely no long hair, but a super growth of short hair.  He has never
shed this drastically before.  He would get pretty sparse looking but
never this dramatic.  Would it be possible that it takes a few years for
an angora to obtain full coat.  I know that some dogs do not get their
full coat until two or three years old.

Also I would like to throw in my two cents about the idiot, oh pardon,the
person that says angoras have unstable personalities.  My Dweez is the
funniest, most playful fellow.  He's loving, kissy, and has been housed in
the same cage as eight other ferrets so he is obviously social too.  I have
taken him to ferret functions were he has played well with others like a
good boy.  The only difference is, he has long hair.  I have had him since
he was weeks old and he has been nothing but a joy, and so far he has had
no health problems.  He is a gunmetal grey all over with a very pointy
mask.  When I got him they called him self black,(like I said he was weeks
old) but now I would refer to him as silver.

Pat and the wrecking crew
ICQ#39812314