From:
Rebecca Stout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Oct 2003 08:07:08 EDT
*Chet's ferret, Laddie, loves green.  Unwittingly, we ran a sort of
"study" in house.  You see Laddie loves Uno cards.  He has his own deck.
He will take them from us one at a time, until the whole deck is where he
wants it.  It's really cute.  Anyway, if given a choice between green and
any one of the other colors (red, blue, yellow), he used to chose green
nearly all of the time.  It was like this neat card trick we used to love
to show the neighbors.

Rocky, on the other hand, leans towards anything red, whether its a
choice of sleep sacks or stuffed animal.

Blackey loves petco rattle balls.  All of them.  BUT, he chooses to get
the red ones out of the toy box first.

Pong sees "contrast", and prefers that in his ping pong balls.  He'll
ignore a white ball, or even a plain orange one.  But any with a print on
it like the black and yellow ones, he'll chase.

And that's been my experience with ferrets and colors.  You can't top
the one with Laddie and the cards though if you were able to do it in a
lab!  He is now over three years old, and we don't see such a strong
penchant towards the color... but then I haven't really tried doing "the
card trick" for anyone in over a year.  :)

Wolfy