From:
Susie Lee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Mar 2009 19:14:27 -0500
 ...when the old shelter is done?

Who will take them in when the old rescuers can't do it, any more?

Would you move to the area where the old rescuers have made friends of
all their local authorities and introduce yourselves, show them you're
legitimate (not just another person with no backup "saying" they're a
rescuer. People are suspicious of "say-so"'s when they would rather see
unfaked ID and up-to-date documentation.) Come to that, we have found
that people are also suspicious if you're not at least a resident of
the area.

If you want to talk long-distance over the phone rather than
face-to-face, you will find you'll be either ignored or blown off.
Because it's simple human nature...people don't like being told what
to do by "outsiders" who don't even live "there".

So here's what I'm asking. This is Susie Lee in Pensacola, Florida,
asking for a legitimate rescue group or persons to come and buy their
next home in Pensacola...there are several right on our own street
available, all 4 bedroom, 2 bath homes all around us, and in the
poorer sections, 3 bedroom, 1 bath homes.

We need someone to pick up the confidences of all the police and the
other county shelters near us so they will be able to call on someone
both legitimate and local without having to destroy ferrets which are
turned in to the county shelters, or seized in situations like meth-lab
raids.

Someone younger than us, who are in their 60's and 70's.

Someone the locals can look in the eye, see that they can prove they
are who and what they say, and learn to trust.

Will you make you next home's move to our area and pick up all the next
ferrets needing to be picked up, as they come in? Would you "pick up"
the ferrets from where we're going to have to leave off, because we're
genuinely, really and truly getting too old and broken down to keep it
up the way we once had been.