From:
Brenda Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Jun 2009 12:24:02 -0400
Well mum is as pooped as any shelter mum can be now that clinic day is
over! She hopes to hide out Sunday to just chill for a bit so she can
hang out with us. She has been neglecting us awful this past week.

Mum told me she was too pooped to do this "day after report" so she is
leaving it up to me.

There were lots and lots of humans from all over; mum says she thinks
the farthest away human was Dave L. from New Jersey. {{{{{{{{{{{Waving
at you Mr. Dave}}}}}}}}}}}

We even had a guest vet visit us. Dr. Chris! She is from Cornerstone
Veterinary Hospital in Ithaca New York. Dr. Chris is good friends with
Dr. Edwards and is also the vet for a lot of the fur kids that came
from here to live in her area. It was so good to have her visit with
us.

There were humans and ferrets all over the place all day long. Mum
got some pictures but when all the pictures come in she will get
them posted on our web-shots site for you to see all the fun THEY had.
I did not get to go out to play, I'm just the reporter after all!

Miss Kristie came to take care of us kids and the shelter while mum was
busy with other things, Miss Mindy, and Mr Dick took care of the raffle
table, door prizes and running. Miss Val, one of mum's NON-ferret
friends came to cook for us again this year.

This clinic could not happen without all the volunteers that let mum
bark orders, change their minds for them, loan mum pop up canopies and
card tables and just be there for her when things need to get done.

The raffle table would not happen if it were not for the shelter
friends all over the world (literally) the Ferret Depot and local
shelter friends that donated all the wonderful things to put out to
help raise money for us fur kids. THANK YOU!

Food, oh my there was so much food, lots of people even brought food
mum could eat so even mum got to sit to have a good lunch, shelter
friends are so good to our mum!

Miss Mary B and Miss Joy ran our auction again for us this year, Holy
Moly there was lots of great things to bid on, it seems everyone got
just what they wanted!

The raffles were a huge success; Miss Ginger was our ticket picker.
Miss Ginger was recovering from surgery the day before so we only let
her do things she could do sitting down. There were even winners that
bought tickets on line; mum says she will get your stuff out to you
this week!

Then the BIG raffle item the stained glass piece Miss Lynne W. made for
us...our favorite Doc picked that ticket. Miss Donna D. won that this
year. Congratulations to all the winners, thanks for all your support!

Thank you to all of you that participated, volunteered, donated and let
mum be bossy! (She sure can be bossy too let me tell you!) We could not
have such a successful day without you!!

Possum senior reporter

Lakeroad Ferret Farm Rescue/shelter
<http://www.ferretfarm.org/>

Petfinder Page