From:
William Clark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Mar 2002 11:23:29 -0500
>From:    lori Lundgren <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: food
>

>When I became a fert lover 4 years ago, I began feeding them a combo
>of Iams kitten food & Totally Ferret.  About a year ago, when a friends
>dog got cancer, I became interested in the correlation between diet and
>sickness/disease in our pets....

Hi All,

I just called Old Mother Hubberd's for a sample of their kitten food.  I
talked with a very nice lady named Beverly.  I asked her if they had
any plans for making a ferret specific food.  She said that they already
have ferret foods and transferred me to Judi.  They also sell food to
laboratories for their animals.  Unfortunately, the ferret diets they
have are not made by them but by Purina and the ingredient lists for
the 2 types they have make them undesirable.  In both cases the second
ingredient is corn and beets.  However, she was very nice when I explained
this and she transferred me back to Beverly.  Beverly said that certainly
if there is a market for retail ferret foods made like their cat and dog
foods they would probably consider going into that part of the business.
I encourage everyone interested to contact them at 800-225-0904 and ask
for samples of the kitten food and also suggest they start making a ferret
specific food.  I'll let you know how my three furbles like the stuff
after I get it.  They will also fax you an ingredients list upon request.
Seemed like very nice caring people.  If you call you might mention that
William Clark from the Ferret Mailing List had suggested contacting them.
The more contacts they get the more likely they are to start making a
good quality ferret food.

Regards,

Hawk & Patrick,
Salem, Faye & Bandit the ferts
Pyewacket the cat
and Smokey the African Grey

Blessings to all animals great and small and those of us who love and
adore them.