From:
Melissa McDaniels <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Aug 2002 04:16:02 EDT
I just had to read the FML for the last four days and it took me FOREVER!
I'm finally caught up though.  Thanks to everyone that helped me out
while I had the virus problem.  Especially to Todd for checking out the
file and identifying it for me and to Kelly for the link to the free
anti-virus program.  I found everything I needed to remove the virus and
the infected files and things are running much better!  BTW Todd, just
read your tattoo pie ce and loved it.  I had to copy/paste it into a
smaller document so I could re-read it later...

Been buying for the furkids again... :-)  Found a radio-flyer wagon for
dolls that has the wood side rails and thought it would be perfect for
the two of them.  So we spent the afternoon riding around the room...
(well, they rode, I pulled... They balked at the thought of pulling mom
around!~ Not even for all the raisins in the world... Oh well LOL) I
don't know which of us had more fun.  (LOL I felt like a kid again-
they're so good at that!)

RE: Jason/Cheryl's Jack- LOL looks like you have a Jack-in-the-couch.
Sounds like a fun new toy... I hope he's feeling better!

I've read all the posts on Brandie and I have to say that while we can't
educate EVERYONE befoere they make the commitment to an animal.  (granted
they should make every effort to do this before they buy it, but impulse
buying has a huge market in our country and it will happen from time to
time... unfortunately)BUT back to what I was saying.  At least she sought
out educated and knowledgeable people when she decided that her lifestyle
was not suitable for a ferret.  Maybe she can use the knowledge she's
gained to educate other people she may come across who are interested in
owning a ferret.  She made a mistake, and we all do from time to time,
and sometimes the most significant and drastic lessons we learn come from
those very mistakes.  I'm sure she will walk away from this experience
having learned something and I hope it isn't that all of FML is
judgemental and negative.  I hate to say it, but there will always be a
need for shelters.  The most we can hope for is to educate everyone we
meet on the joys and tribulations of ferret ownership.

ALSO: I'd love to hear from anyone at my personal email address who has a
S.O. that at first wary of having ferrets and then warmed up to them, or
even from those whose S.O. have never really taken to them (I just don't
understand it How can you not adore them???!!!then again he never had
pets growing up...)

Thought for the day~
How many of us got on the floor and PLAYED, like we did when we were
kids, before the ferrets "weaseled" their way into our hearts/lives???
(Especially those that haven't had the joy of human kids!)

ALSO there are only three causes of suffering.  Ignorance, Greed and
Anger.  ~Something to think about maybe....