From:
Sara Ferret <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Aug 2009 01:33:49 -0400
It was a lovely day at de bridge. SaraFerret was playing with de
kits helping dem build sand castles by de Lily Pond. Ah peaceful
tranquility, not a care in de world. Nice peaceful day, just watching
the sand and occasional leaf float by in de Pond. All of a sudden, she
heard de flutter of wings and...all of a sudden little Serena cried
out, "There is a ferret nose first into my sand castle." Now who could
dat be but none other that Dexter, de little boy courier, who somehow
dug his way out of de sand castle, and brushed hisself off and said,

"SawaFewwet, I don't know why you and your kits are always over here
messing awound with de sand. Here its hard to make a landing in all
dis mess. I has a note for you. A fewwet is cwossing de bwidge. But
with all you silliness, she is pwobably alweady here."

He handed me de note and as I read it, he asked me if I wanted him to
get any one. I told him that dere would be no need and sent him on his
way. But den I sent Serena and Isabel off to fetch the ones I wanted
and I rushed off to the entrance.

I was just in time to greet an elderly fuzzy with a tuft of fur on her
head. She marched right up to me and said, "I am Chardonnay from NZ and
just who are you?"

Hmmm, I was just taken a bit aback by dis approach, first time dis had
happened, but I just plunged on ahead. I introduced myself, "Hi I am
SaraFerret and I am de bridgegreeter. Welcome to de Rainbow Bridge. Dis
is your new forever home. Here you will have no more pain or suffering.
You will have lotsa friends and run on green grass forever. Did I
mention de fun and games?"

Chardonnay seemed a bit more relaxed then and said, "Well I have been
on earth for a long time but I don't see anyone else here but you so I
guess you and I will be good friends. Do you think you can manage to do
something with my fur?" And just then she looked down at herself and
said, "OH! I am all furry again." and she reached up to her head to
check and sure enough there was fur there also not just the tuft. "Now
just how did that happen?" she asked. I replied, "Oh its just like I
said, no pain or suffering, everything is like it once was."

Just den Sultan, her old friend from earth who had arrived a long time
before her stepped out from behind a bush and she was sure surprised.
Sultan told her about the wings she would be receiving, a special pair.
"Really" she said, "wonder what color?" "Oh it will be a special color
designed by the Boss for you." Sultan replied. I told her that wings
were great for flying about de heavens--sure beat hopping from cloud
to cloud.

So off we went down de garden path to de Wing House where de wings were
stored. We opened de door and on de counter was a big box (of course).
Chardonnay opened de box and took out de wings--lavender with pink
streaks. I helped her put on her wings and Sultan adjusted her halo.
Den she ran to de big vanity mirror and gazed at her reflection. Den
she turned to me and said, "Gee I wish Mommy Grizz could see me now."
Den I gots an idea.

We went out de door and down de path toward de Misting Pond and sat
down beside de cool clear water. With one swish we saw a vision of
Grizz appear. Well, Sultan and Chardonnay got so excited dat dey
started waving and dooking with all of dere might.

"I love you so much Mommy. Thank you for loving me. Thank you for
holding me in my last minute on earth. I have wings now and I soon will
be able to fly. I found Sultan here too. Oh yes, I have fur now, not
just that little tuft of hair, but real fur all over, just like I used
to have."

Den she started to throw hugs and kisses and laid dem on a nearby
shooting star and by de time you should read dis it should have land
dere. And with another swish de vision was gone.

We went down de road toward de NZ clan and mercy was Chardonnay amazed,
it seemed as though fuzzies were pouring out from everywhere to welcome
her. There was music a-playing. She was taken into one of the cottages
where food was laid out--all of the food that had been really forbidden
on earth like CHOCOLATE. But here it seemed to be ok. She was getting
into de swing of things and I was invited to stay and danced awhile,
but I had sand castles to repair. So I said my good byes and headed
back to my cottage.

I thought to myself as I went on my way I have about given up on ever
rehabing Dexter--might as well just accept the little soul de way he
is--SIGH!

Lovey and hugs,
SaraFerret, bridgegreeter