From:
Victory Hegedus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Nov 1996 13:45:32 -0800
>From:    Dick Bossart <[log in to unmask]>
>Right now, we use wooden spoons through the handles of the double doors.
>Makes it difficult for humans to get in, so the spoons oft en get left out
>and the ferrets get in.

We have tried that as well and found that the ferrets may try to pick at the
bottom of the door and squeeze through the little bit of give that is there
from the wooden spoon.  On top of human's forgetting to put it back.

>Next, if we can find them, we're going to try the magnetic latch & key
>system.

Another possiblity which we are trying to find, is putting all of the
poisonious items in a small "safe", it's a large plastic container where the
latch to close it needs both fingers to be inserted in order to open.  It's
meant to lock up stuff away from small children.  It's supposed to be
avaiable in hardware stores, or maybe a large very securely sealed plastic
container that won't open when dropped and banged against things.  Besides
that any item you don't want them crawling through we just put higher then
they can get to.  Like the top cupboard, and keep all chairs away from the
countertops so they can't climb.  Hope this helps.  We are working on this
problem ourselves.

Oh since we are making our presence felt let me introduce ourselves, I'm
Victory, Human, Phanos an incomplete stripe male, Xienna an albino, and
Nickles a silver mitt, and Misty cat, and Mark other human in house glad not
his animals but loves them anyway.

Victory