From:
Lynn McIntosh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Jul 1999 14:44:58 +0000
Hi Bill.  I'm forwarding this for FML posting at Andrea's request.  I hope
somebody can help.  The best of luck to you, Andrea, with Snoo.  You and
Snoo are in my prayers.

Lynn

 Date:          Mon, 26 Jul 1999 16:54:28 -0400
 Subject:      aggressive fibrosarcoma (sigh)
 From:          [log in to unmask]

Hi all.
Well, many of you know I lost my Bean last month to aggressive adeno
carcinoma.  (Actually, the surgery technically is what killed her, but
she didn't have much time as it was... :-( I miss her.)

Only a week after Bean died, my other female Snoo had surgery to remove
an orange-sized fibrosarcoma from her abdomen.  It wasn't attached to any
major organs... but it came back a month later, this time resembling a
large bunch of grapes.  We removed it again.  The tumor is being sent to
Williams, but the first pathologist says it's very aggressive and
malignant... (sigh.) She had adrenal surgery (debulking on the right and
removal of the left) a year and a half ago, and she's been on Lupron since
late Feb.  I've also got her on some homeopathic meds (Dr Loops lives
nearby) and shark cartilage, Essiac, vitamin C, Timmy's Tonic, and other
antioxidants.  My traditional vet gives Snoo very little time... perhaps
a few weeks or months.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  And has anyone
seen this before?  It has NOT metastisized into any organs at this point...
I'm hoping somehow it will just kill itself off... the pathology showed
it was growing so fast that it was cutting off it's own blood supply in
places.  (But that doesn't mean a whole lot.) Ideas?

(And can someone forward this to the regular FML for me, pretty please,
with my email intact?  I'm not on there anymore due to the volume, but I
need all the help I can get.)

-Andrea   [log in to unmask]   (919) 309 - 9288 (messages)