Date:
Thu, 12 Feb 2004 14:45:05 -0500
I don't *think* I remember anybody posting this one before--
"The End of a Dynasty, or a Natural History of Ferrets."  It's an excerpt
from a collection of fantasy stories by Angulica Gorodischer, translated
from Spanish by Ursula K. Le Guin.  Although this is a story about a
child, it is not a children's story (no very graphic stuff, but certainly
mature themes).

http://www.lcrw.net/kalpa/end.htm

Regina

Regina Harrison  [log in to unmask]
everything moved:
http://users.rcn.com/badriya/
blog: http://badriya-z.blogspot.com/

"Is that my business?  Well, what is my business?  Do I know?  Did I ever
know?  Let s not go into that.  You re not human tonight, Marlowe.  Maybe
I never was or ever will be... Maybe we all get like this in the cold
half-lit world where always the wrong thing happens and never the right."
--Raymond Chandler, The Little Sister