From:
"Michael F. Janke" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 May 1998 08:06:48 -0400
>From:    Dale Nupp <[log in to unmask]>
>comment I make about his post is that it is not necessary to shave hair off
>the cat.  Our fuzzies lick and ingest plenty of their own fur to provide
>the required gentle cleansing action that our ferrets need and love.

Of course we all understand that my comment about shaving the kitty for
supplemental hair was somewhat tongue-in-cheek.  Although... one of our
cats is a longhair and gets shaved about twice a year.  With what comes off
of him, we'd have a two year supply of ferret food additives.  :-)

>From:    REBECCA J ROBINSON <[log in to unmask]>
>After spending hours compiling information to be used as handouts, the cost
>of printing 100+ copies, renting a pavillion in the park, and purchasing
>treats for the fuzzies (basically be out-of-pocket $200.00+), No one
>showed...

Don't be too disappointed, Rebecca, and whatever you do, don't give up.  Our
club, with nearly 200 members, sometimes results in 10 or fewer people
showing up for meetings.  And our meetings are regular, having been held on
the first Wednesday of every month for years.  So it's not like they don't
know about it.

>From:    Pyrophage <[log in to unmask]>
>So - my question is - would a crow be likely to try and make off with a
>ferret that I was within a couple of feet of?

Seems more likely the crows were watching the ferrets to be sure where the
little predators were going.

For the ferrets,
Mike

* Michael F. Janke, [log in to unmask]
* Secretary, South Florida Ferret Club & Rescue
*
* Visit our web site:  http://www.miamiferret.org