From:
Sandy Repper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Jul 1998 16:29:15 EDT
I made it through the convention and I'm back among the living.Boy are my
fuzzies glad.They didn't care for those late night hours and staying in
their room all day.Jasmine felt especially slighted,so I took her to her
favorite place,the hay barn.It's not a huge one,and is semi-ferret
proofedThe only place she can get out is the door,and she wouldn't consider
that,as it's way to much fun in there.

This is the only place she actually dooks.She fusses at the boys,but I never
thought I'd hear a dook out of her.Then one day,I carried her outside on my
shoulder,easier than keeping her from running out the door.I put her down
in the hay,and thought I'd never stop lol.She war danced,she tunneled,she
rubbed her back,all the while dooking away.She had more fun in the hay
bales,on the hay bales and under the hay bales(they're on pallets), than
she ever had with all her toys.Her dooks are soft,but you can hear them
continously while she's in the hay barn.I'm always there to watch,it's to
funny to miss,and she occasionally catches a cricket.Yumm.There are never
any mice in that barn,not since I started taking her out there.She does like
to run over and say hi to the horse,who snuffles her fur,and stands very
still so as not to step on her.The horse will not move so much as a foot as
long as Jasmine is there.Guess she likes those back scratches.Besides that
critter likes hay almost as much as she does.She's one of those puny(1.5 lb)
MF ferrets,but I haven't found an animal yet she's afraid of.Don't know how
she would fare with coyotes,but she sure thinks prairie dogs look tasty.

Sandy,and 3 fuzzinators
In all things of nature there is something of the marvelous. Aristotle