From:
"C.B. Goins" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Dec 1997 08:03:12 -0500
Congratulations to the FML for 10 years of wonderful work on behalf of
fuzzies!

Although I haven't been on the FML for the entire 10, I've nevertheless
enjoyed every single issue since I subscribed.  Because of the FML I've not
only gained a wealth of knowledge about ferrets, I've also made lasting
friendships with some of the finest people in the world.  The FML has also
given me the opportunity to do an occasional small good deed, and I'm truly
grateful for that.

The FML is indeed a world community.  My daughter heard of it some years
back while she was in South Africa, of all places.  She took the liberty of
signing me up and the rest is history.

Happy stories, sad tales, legislative victories, crises of the worst kind,
mutual support, the dissemination of information, discussions,
disagreements, and sometimes arguments are all a part of the FML.  And all
for the love of ferrets.  My day isn't complete without it.

BIG, special kudos to you.  You are as wise as Solomon, as tireless as John
Henry, and you have the patience of Job.  The FML owes much of its success
to you for the outstanding job you continue to do.  You're a good man, Bill
Gruber!

And to each and every one of the 2800-plus members of the FML, and
especially to the fuzzbeans who bring sunshine to us even on the darkest
days:

Here's wishing you the Brightest and Happiest of Holiday Seasons and the
best and most successful New Year ever!

C.B. and Maximilian

[Moderator's note: Thanks for the kind words -- the FML today was really
difficult and I could use them :-)  BIG]