From:
Sara Gennusa <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Nov 2007 15:13:20 -0500
My little girl MJ 5.5 years old has been deteriorating in spite of
my best efforts to save her, and I am in dire need of suggestions
regarding treatment/diagnosis.

- She is producing digested blood in her stools (likely ulcer), is
  lethargic, weak, and has lost almost 1.2 lbs. (now she is 0.6 lbs).
- I have her on Amoxi, Carafate, prednilosone, and pepto (as of
  yesterday). She has been experiencing symptoms for over a month.
  Metronidazole treatment was not successful, eliminating heliobacter.
- Vet thinks it might be lymphoma, or IBD (in addition to bleeding
  ulcer). We are no longer4 actively seeking to stress her out via
  testing.
- Blood results showed normal liver and kidney function (despite
  prolonged dehydration) and normal range for blood glucose.
- She's getting 3ccs of mixture of baby food, a/d, nutrical, turkey
  gravy, and ensure every hour or two.
- I'm also giving her 24ccs subQ fluids daily.=20

Any advice you can give would be appreciated. Right now it's about her
comfort, and not necessarily her longevity. I just can't send her to
the bridge if she does have something treatable.

Thank you in advance,
Sara and MJ