From:
Laura Holland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Oct 2005 15:22:27 +0000
>I tell you, you need to get her on the bandwagon for getting ferrets to
>be legal in California.

She actually has been all along.  I've heard her make comments on TV
about it and have read some articles about her supporting legalization.

(here's one example)

LATEST: Socialite PARIS HILTON is calling for California Governor ARNOLD
SCHWARZENEGGER's help as she fights to keep her pet ferrets.

The hotel heiress let slip that she owns two ferrets, called DOLCE and
GABBANA, when she recently appeared on JAY LENO's THE TONIGHT SHOW in
America.

And the confession has led to a public outcry because Californians are
banned from keeping mustelids as pets.

So now, Hilton is hoping to change the law and is joining a group urging
Schwarzenegger, who co-starred with a ferret in KINDERGARTEN COP, to give
polecat lovers in his state a break.  She says, "I wish there was a law
that ferrets were legal because I don't think that's a fair law."  The
proposed law that Hilton is backing would give ferret owners amnesty for
vaccinated, neutered ferrets

Laura and The Seattle Seven at http://www.ferretocious.com

PS: was their really "public outcry"?  If so that's BS.  Has the general
public in CA been led to believe the law is just?