From:
Brian Grossman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Nov 1999 13:18:15 EST
Hello all,

I apologize if either of these questions has been asked recently (or not so
recently), but I must admit that I have fallen way behind on my FML reading
over the past few months.

It appears that one of the fuzzies (Nixon) may require surgery for an
adrenal gland.  I was wondering if anyone has a recommendation for Vet to
do the surgery.  We live just outside of Boston, but for a good doctor
we'll travel as far west as Worcester or even down to Cape Cod
(Falmouth/Sandwich area).  I am especially interested in hearing from
anyone that has had a ferret undergo adrenal gland surgery with a vet in
these georgraphical areas -- I would really appreciate hearing from you.

The second question, which came up in a discussion earlier today is: If the
cause of adrenal tumors is that the adrenal gland works overtime to produce
growth hormones, can this then be treated by giving the ferret growth
hormones, thereby lessening the stress on the gland?

Thank you.

Brian & Nixon, Lucy, Presley, Comet -- and their two newest friends Daisy &
Orson (ferret math strikes again!!  Ferret lover working in petstore... bad
combination <g>)