From:
Himberger Gerri <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Dec 2005 10:51:34 -0800
All of my ferrets except one were unwanted- most past ones and my current
oldest came from a shelter.  I work at Petco, so my current ferrets are
mostly ones people dump in the store for various reasons.  I also take
the ones we list as unsellable for whatever reason- sick, biter....
otherwise they would be shipped back to Marshall's for euthanization, so
they would be replaced for Petco ( if they made the trip).  I have only
bought one-he was sick to begin with, and so I babied him in the store,
and he got well but began screaming for me whenever he saw me, and I
spent hours carrying him around in my shirt.  I couldn't let him be sold
to fate- and I will never regret buying him- he is quite possibly the
world's perfect ferret, next to my dear Maru, who resides at the Rainbow
Bridge.

On a different note, deepest condolences to Wolfy, Sean, and family..
I know this loss will echo for many years, I only hope Sean is able to
share another special bond at some point in the future.  He is a very
special child and all that love can be met with another needy, loving
soul, when and if he is able.  Our thoughts are with them this holiday.