Date:
Wed, 13 Feb 2013 13:06:14 -0500
I finally convinced my vet to give Spooky an implant for prevention :)
without doing the TN hormone panel, and because he works for the Humane
Society, it only cost $150 instead of $350 at the private clinics.
(Just for the implant, not including the exam). I'm going to get one
for Xena in a few months when it's warmer and my finances aren't so
bad.

For those of you who are also using them for prevention, how often do
you change the implant, assuming you see no signs of adrenal disease?

Has everyone had the experience that the hair didn't grow back after
using the implant when they had hair loss from adrenal dis.?

My poor Minky actually lost all her hair a few days after the implant
was put in. A few weeks later Dr. Robert Wagner (U. of Pittsburg)
told me to get a Lupron shot, which I did, but she died shortly after
anyway. Another vet said she must have had a very advanced case of
adrenal disease :,,,(

Thanks for any info & experiences you can share.

Shron
Spooky & Xena
FurAngels Rocky, Minky & Klondike