From:
Shelley Straight <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Mar 1997 16:44:59 -0500
Somehow my computer crashed and I lost the digest for today, I read half of
it and have some questions and comments.  Sorry I can't remember the names
of people who I will be refering to!!

A veterinarian had written in, in response to a flea problem.  He said that
he gave Program to ferrets.  I had not heard of this.  As a vet student, I
can get Program free for my ferret.  What dosage should I get for my 2lb
female?  Do you normally suggest Program for ferrets?

I also wanted to comment about recent discussion on bathing ferrets.  I have
a 4 year old albino.  I have bathed her once every 2 weeks since I have had
her.  Lately it has been once every 3 weeks due to my hectic schedule.  This
was because I have almost always lived with people who dislike that musky
smell that even descented ferrets have.  (Can you believe that?).  Anyway, I
have found that the frequent baths do keep her smell down and her coat has
always stayed soft and shiny.  The vet I used to work for told me that the
reason she stayed so white was because I bathed her so often.  She has never
gotten used to baths and despises them.  I have also never noticed her nails
easier to cut after a bath compared to before a bath.  So, my experience
with frequent bathes has been quite good.

Shelley Straight
VMRCVM