Date:
Fri, 21 Feb 2003 10:38:37 -0800
>I have a deodorizer spray called "Natural Magic" it is non scented and
>breaks down the sulfur bonds that causes odors.  I am always careful to
>never spray directly on ferts or around food/water ect..."

Hello all, I know that the use of deodorizers doesn't seem like a
potential hazard and this is not a bash at those who use them BUT
these products can possibly cause respiratory distress.

What smells nice to us could be toxic, a case in point, FABREEZE , a
known killer of small birds such as finches, doves & button quail.  Now
I know that birds and ferrets are in different orders but it's not worth
the gamble.

Many Bird lovers didn't know of this hazzard until after the damage was
done .  The person who wrote the original message has it righ on many
points , cleaning our critters, cleaning their bedding and cleaning the
litter, Also there might be a link with clay litters and respiratory
distress but at this point the research is not complete..

Be careful, and give your weasels a big hug , I know I will....
Weasel (mark)