From:
sukie crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Jun 2004 23:30:32 -0400
Tonight (after we had returned from an hour's trip to the vet and an hour
back to pick up supplies for Sherman) Hilbert carefully showed us that he
was bleeding from his penis.  ("I will squat right next to you and push
and cry and get blood in my fur and little puddle.") No outside wounds.
On checking he feels like he has broken his baculum and had it pierce
his urethra.  So now he is getting cranberries because they have a type
of tannin which prevents bacteria from sticking to the bladder walls
and antibiotics.  Besides sharing Sherman's Amoxi I am making up double
batches of "liver soup" (a/d and warmed water) which we split between
Sherman and Hilbert.  Need to keep him urinating and we have put down
only paper in a room he has to himself tonight, so we are hoping that
throughout the night he creates split soup pee.