From:
trina fleissner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Sep 2011 13:22:50 -0700
The past two weeks have been tiring with a new project tackled to take
from the ferrets and give to the cats. Then when we got finished we
took from the cats an gave to the ferrets.

Last week I drove to a not so nearby ferret shelter and picked up nine
used Midwest ferret cages with the intention of selling them for $20.00
to foster families from our local humane society. Oh my Lord, what was
I thinking?

First they needed a serious scrubbing and thankfully I bribed a friend
to come and help plying her with the beverage of her choice and a
veggie, home made pizza with cauliflower crust - thank you Doc Oz Show
and of course, my pleasant company. We scrubbed and scrubbed and rinsed
and sprayed. After five hours of that silliness it was time to break
out my big expenditure. $0.96 cans of black paint to cover rust and
years of ferret wear. And yes, the pizza was very delish!

I never knew my finger tip could go numb and remain numb for days. But
now, foster families that did not use cat towers for their charges have
them - shiny black ones. A new batch of cats and kitties are going to
foster homes for varied reasons and have a safe haven when they arrive
"home." And the ferret shelter now has $180.00 to put in its coffers.

I heard from a lady last night who said her two little foster kittens
were happy as can be! It certainly made my efforts forth while and in
fact, made my week!

If you have any cages you might try hooking up with the local shelter
and inquiring about foster families. Maybe you can make things happen
for both groups too. When all is said and done, your time and efforts
are worth about a buck three eighty, but in the end, the outcome is
proiceless.

Dook Meow, dook! , CR

Feed rescued animals in two clicks
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3